Magic (or Sorcery) is the power to affect change by supernatural means. Magic can often be split into dark and light, though depending on the situation, can also be neutral. Magic is a genetic heredity that enables a person to practice witchcraft. However, some types of magic do not need a witch or warlock to create supernatural effects. Examples include: Potion Brewing, Divination, and Herbology.
Types of MagicEdit
- Spell Casting: The act of manipulating or controlling events, people or objects by the use of hexes, curses, charms, and jinxes. "Enchantment" and "spell" are generic terms that can apply to any type of magic.
- Transfiguration: The act of manipulating people or objects by turning them into different forms or structures. Branch of Spell Casting.
- Conjuration: The act of magically making objects appear out of thin air. Branch of Transfiguration and Spell Casting.
- Psychokinesis: Branch of magic that deals with manipulating matter through mental influence.
- Potion Brewing: The act of brewing and concocting various potions and elixirs that contain magical properties.
- Voodoo: The act of using a voodoo doll or similar object to control people or situations.
- Divination: The branch of magic that involves attempting to foresee the future or gathering information about events or people through various rituals and tools.
- Herbology: The study of various plants, herbs, and fungi that contain magical properties.